Back in the RVA

I am a little behind in posting the past few days. Things are a tad hectic now that I am back in Richmond, The River City for a week or so. Spending two months away from home with only one visit back to shoot a wedding has put the house (and maybe Kim too) in a 'spot of bother'. How is it that our new house decides to start showing its age (5 years young) during the few weeks I am in Cape Hatteras working?



For one, our water heater died. Two, the downstairs heat pump fan stopped working, the outdoor shower plumbing failed. Oh, and two outside electrical outlets are dead. Really? I thought we were done with this kind of stuff after selling our old houses. Ah, home ownership. Makes you want to rent again, eh?



With Kim having to take care of the house issues, juggle her demanding job, shuttle herself back and forth between Hatteras and Richmond, she is just about done. I can't say I blame her either. She has been able to take care of most of the problems, but it was high time that I came back and helped her out. I think she was over hearing how much surfing and kiting I was doing while she played the grown up. So I took her mountain biking. Well with 30 of our close friends.




I have to say, I missed good 'ol Richmond. Nothing like sitting in traffic staring at the back of an overgrown SUV with stickers plastered all over it like they are a sponsored athlete. What is up with the stickers on cars these days? Everything from professing love for their schnauzer, to what college(s) they went to. People really like speaking from the back of their cars. Anyway, I digress. What was I talking about?



Back in Richmond, VA. That's right. Lots of house work and catching up with good friends and family. Lots of eating out at some of the many incredible restaurants Richmond has to offer. I am still amazed at how many great restaurants are here. Not the chain restaurants that accompany those quaint big box plazas of the suburbs. No, I'm talking about all of the little spots you never know are there unless you either stumble upon them or have them recommended by a friend. Cuban, Indian, Greek, Italian, Vegetarian. The list goes on. So many unique places to eat here.



After getting to catch up on some mountain biking, friends, family, and eating out. Kim and I do what we enjoy a lot, cooking at home and eating together. She is such an incredible cook. I don't know how many new recipes she has created from whatever she can mix together, but it has to be close to a hundred. She is becoming famous for her 'pantry specials'.



I wish I could say I've been able to get out and see all of my friends, but I have been having a crazy week at work and with tons to do around the house, I didn't even realize it was Friday. Between doctor's appointments, oil changes, cutting grass, getting ready for a wedding shoot, helping with the yard sale tomorrow morning, getting the house back together, and everything else there hasn't been enough time for socializing. Hence, no blog posts.



I did manage to find time to show Kim some basic photography skills this evening. She loved the fact that now, I am the model. So many times she has endured me practicing as she is the model.


She will be assisting me at the wedding this weekend. I wanted to be able to put a camera in her hand and know she is comfortable with it. Her eye for composition and her talent as an artist makes her a natural photographer. All she needs is a little nudge on the technical end of the practice. So I am excited to see what she captures tomorrow.

Well, off to bed for me. It is late and we have an early yard sale to set up in the morning. Not to mention a little wedding photography for the better part of the day.



Aloha.

0 comments: