Kite boarding in Cape Hatteras


After a long wait for ridable wind, it seemed like a long wait, more like a couple of days, the wind picked up and people were on the water getting their fix. While waiting (and hoping) for the wind to build a little bit more, I took my camera into the shallow waters of Kite Point in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina to shoot a couple girls that were throwing some nice moves. Not having a water housing for my camera(s) limits my shooting abilities near and around water. So I continiue to work in knee to waist deep water praying that nothing bad happens.
One of the girls is local rider Wendi Palmer. Ever since meeting Wendi a few years ago, she is constantly improving her riding and still rides better than most guys on the island - including me(!?!).
                                      
Another rider out that day is Kris Kinn of the Best Kiteboarding team.
                                               
This was a light wind day in Cape Hatteras but the girls were able to still develop some explosive moves on the water. They made for great photography subjects.
Always fun getting on the water in some form or fashion. I did manage to get out and ride for a little while but the wind died shortly after me getting my 'fix'. Another beautiful day on Cape Hatteras.
Aloha.

0 comments: